PayPalDonateButton

Monday, December 18, 2017

The Holiday Blahs

It's that time of year again when many of us fall victim to the holiday blahs. It's easy to get caught up in all the holiday stuff and it's at this time my chosen lifestyle contrasts most with a more traditional lifestyle.

Mourning the loss of my dogs, first LilBear being run over right in front of me last year as i was leaving Las Cruces.

Then Mona a couple of months ago. Mona and i had such a long history and she loved traveling. After bear died, it was just me and Mona...like it had been several years ago. Her first Road Trip was a bit over 5 years ago when she was pregnant with 5 little pups. She loved traveling from the start. She was mature when i got her and was probably about 12-18 years old when she died. It was nice seeing a Chihuahua with a nasty untrusting nature become my loved soft happy Mona.

Romeo came into my life as a foster. A homeless girl treated him as an accessory or a toy. I didn't want another dog. But he pulled out all his cute tricks to tell me he needed a home with love and dignity. Watching him change and relax and being allowed to be a dog rather than a cute purse accessory was so cool. And i waited to get him his shots since he was only 3 pounds and i had no knowledge or records of when he had had any. He was put to sleep last month...he had distemper. It took a while for the grief to hit.

Then just as the grief and loss hit...so did the holidays. Grief and loss is hard at any time, but while everyone is celebrating holidays and so cheerful...it seems even worse.

I don't celebrate Christmas...or any other religion based holiday. But I also respect others beliefs and wishes to celebrate. It's hard right now to be around others.

At this time of year, everyone is decorating, buying gifts, planning parties, spending time with family. There's nothing wrong with that. But this is the time of year we seem to lose prospective about how much we gain choosing to travel and be free.

Frankly if i lived back home by family, on social security, i could afford to live in a place surrounded by mentally ill, drunks, and drug addicts. I wouldn't have been able to buy land on payments, travel, or do a lot.

Even being sick with the flu for a couple of weeks was much easier in my van. Almost everything I needed was right within reach.

When the rainy weather brings pain and stiffness, life in my van is so much easier. Pull into somewhere with free wifi, make a cup of coffee or pour myself an ice cold Pepsi and binge out on Netflix.

So...go away holiday blahs...
I'll opt out of the hustle and bustle.

I'll be right here, cozy in my van...just people watching, binge watching videos, or reading one of the thousands of books on my old school kindle.

Good Coffee To You

See ya down the road
Lou

Support this blog
Donate a $1 PayPal.me/LouBurgess/1
Or contribute more PayPal.me/LouBurgess

No comments:

Post a Comment