PayPalDonateButton

Monday, December 7, 2015

A Day That Shall Live In Infamy

Today is the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I've lived in Hawaii, and visited near Pearl Harbor. The memorial is visible from the shore. There is an oil bubble that keeps coming up still.

I can imagine the shock and horror of that day. I well remember the reaction to 9/11. I was in shock, but I managed to get several things done that day while still clinging to the news reports. All conversations that day turned to the news and what was happening, what did we know.

As I watch all the current news regarding the middle east and the hype, I wonder if people have really looked at our past for the rich lessons it offers. Victory gardens, posters about Loose Lips Sink Ships, backyard chickens, national pride, patriotism. Are we doomed to repeat our past with more Gold Star mothers?

Are we watching news...or propaganda? Sometimes I really don't know. Follow the money, always follow the money.

Please don't misunderstand, should there be an attack or invasion on American soil, I'm solidly on our side. In these days of media manipulation I'm starting to ask questions, I'm seeing parallels that go back much farther than WW2.

Rather than blindly react, let's all start asking some questions, verifying sources,
And on This Day That Shall Live In Infamy, let's take a moment to remember and commemorate all those who died and those who served so that we have the right to discuss these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment