PayPalDonateButton

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Imaginary Invisible Lines

Let's think about something for a minute.
Imagine there are no imaginary lines denoting

-countries

-states

-county

-city
Would you really know if you were somewhere "different"?
Or would you find that people are just people?
I've lived in Europe as a young woman.

You get up in the morning, open the Windows (they swing out like doors)

You make coffee, enjoy pastries

You put the bed covers to air.
You grab your string shopping bag and go to market to see what's fresh for the day.

You planned your meals for the day or two based on what was fresh and seasonal. It's actually a very healthy way to eat.
It didn't matter that i didn't speak the language.

At that time i could convert from one currency to another including figuring out buying power.

You smile and nod to people in greeting. You take time to look at the world around you, enjoying the weather, the birds, and the sights.

Now, let's look at something crazy. We fight over imaginary lines, over what someone has said, as if we are three year old children at a playground arguing over who gets to ride the merry-go-round.

We fight over what people wear, where and how they pray, and many other silly things.

We fight because someone has something we want or because we don't want them to have something.
We're like over-tired hungry quarrelsome three year olds who need a nap and cookies.
If there is intelligent life in outer space, the first thing they'll do when we make contact...is quarantine our planet.
Why not try to get along with others.
As a vandweller and nomad, i often hear contempt for those who have a traditional house and home.

I'm a land owner myself. I generally prefer not to build on my land, enjoying it as it is. Others prefer different. There is nothing wrong with that.
As a land owner, I think that I'm actually more inclined to keep the area I'm parked in neat. I also clean up where ever i pull in.

Unlike many,  I'll pull into a spot that is full of trash, get out my gloves and a bag, and clean it up. I'm living on mother earth. I like where i live to be clean and pristine, as if no humans had been there.

Maybe that's why I love New Mexico. There are many people just like me. It doesn't matter who's trash it was. The wind takes it where it wants, and I am the one who has to look at it. It's just as easy to just clean it up myself as to complain about it.

When you travel in New Mexico, you'll find people welcome you. There are portapotty or vault toilets many places. Dump your human waste there...not on the land. Dumping pee jugs or human poop on the land spreads disease. 

There are many places with dumpsters and generally no one complains if you put a bag of trash in there. Pick it up and dump it.

Be a good guest, respectful of the land and clean. Enjoy the vistas. New Mexico has some breathtakingly beautiful vistas.

Good Coffee to you

See you down the road,

Lou
If you enjoyed this blog consider donating a $1


Or more




No comments:

Post a Comment