PayPalDonateButton

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Musings and Thoughts While Van Down

Good morning. Coffee in hand, Mona sitting outside in back yard that is privacy fenced it. It faces east.
I'd like to thank the neighbors, who are nice but I can hear any door slam, for reminding me I don't do sticks n bricks well.

Water gets turned on today. I've got distilled water fire washing things and spring water for drinking/cooking

Water heating on stove to wash dishes.

Pot of rice is almost done, I'm thinking pinto beans, split peas, green peppers, and assorted veggies on hand.

The van interior is about halfway organized the way I want it. It's actually coming together perfectly. It took me less than 3 minutes to locate what I wanted when I went to the van to get dried food goods for cooking,

I spent time on craigslist van looking. In AZ, one on same condition as mine, approx same interior, and with not running motor...$3000-.
For now, I'm going with a used junkyard motor as soon as I get definitive price. In the future, I'm going to put a Reman engine in for my peace of mind. The rest of the van is a 90 on a scale of 100- this is the one for me. After looking at another dwellers build, I think I'll eventually put a built in desk where my current one sits, and cabinet shelves behind bed that open front and rear. I'll remove the front passenger seat and build storage with Mona's Chihuahua Command Central.

I've $198 dollars toward my engine. I can put $300 from my disability check with it. That still leaves me short of my engine.

paypal.me/LouBurgess if you can help. Put engine and either loan or gift in the message line.

It will take me a while to repay the loans but that's just life when you're on short income. I do know how to cut expenses to the bone when I'm in debt.

Enjoy my musings and ramblings

No comments:

Post a Comment