PayPalDonateButton

Monday, January 2, 2017

Day 1 Return To Fulltiming In My Van

I really love living in my van fulltime.

The van now has a nickname... It's my gasoline powered tipi.

Yesterday I finished moving out of the temporary apt. In spite of rain, I got most of the moved stuff out of van and into travel trailer in storage.

I was able to throw sleeping bag on bed in back of the van and stretch out. Mind you, I had to curl around da pups. My two small dogs are confirmed bed hogs and pillow thieves.

The front passenger seat is Chihuahua Command Central. It's very handy with 180 degree views for watching birds, squirrels, people, and of course barking at much bigger dogs.

Chihuahua command central has expanded. I found a 48 qt igloo cooler at Walmart for $16. It fits perfect sideways between front seats. I added a blanket over it. They love stretching out on it next to momma.

I cruised about 3 minutes and picked a good legal overnight parking spot. Had reflectix up on windshield and front windows covered in about 2 minutes. The spot even had free open WiFi.

I was overtired so it took me a little to fall asleep.

I prefer instant coffee...just what l like.  Today I drove over to Starbucks, got cup of hot water, and went back out to my van.

I had put all my coffee necessities in the cooler. So it was fairly easy to make my coffee.

Fresh water, food, and a morning walk for da pups, hot coffee and a perfectly ripened banana for me. I have several pkgs of loaf bread and a fruitcake onboard for my morning coffee.

Now I'm parked facing east, the van is comfortably heated by passive solar.

Time to read, relax, enjoy videos.

See you down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment