PayPalDonateButton

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Countdown To Leaving

Soon, I'll leave snowy winter in search of warmer climate. I've got short timer syndrome. I want to gas up and go now.

A minor legal matter holds me here. Possible earliest date to leave is Wednesday, just 4 short days away. A court date is all that holds me here.

Worst case scenario, I'm on the road February 10th with January 30th being more probable (or sooner with luck).

Minimum needed for safe trip... tires ($45 each at nearby tire place. That price includes tires put on vehicle ready to go.)

Gas.. about 140 gallons at approximately $2 per gallon ($280).

I only have one propane tank ($16.96 to fill) so I'll get a 4 pack of one pound propane bottles as a back up ($12.97)

Dogs will need bottled water to avoid stomach upsets and diarrhea. I'll start trip with 10 3-liter bottles of local water to cut costs.

My food and drinks, I'll carry on board. I'll pre-make half dozen sandwiches to save time.

Another thing I'll do is have phone and charging stuff handy in plastic "vault" box. I plan on charging phones and battery banks while running.

I'm going to utilize empty 33 pound Tidy Cat litter containers to avoid load shift and cupboards dumping. It also allows me to equalize the weight distribution for safety.

I'll be taking lots of photos and posting them.

Feel free to use donate link at top of blog to donate via PayPal.

No comments:

Post a Comment