PayPalDonateButton

Monday, November 30, 2020

Good Morning From My Van

Kira enjoys her morning nap after first morning potty walk. 

Good coffee to you. What's today like in my van (that is waiting for fuel pump replacement)? 

We woke at 830 a.m. to a chilly 45 degrees.  The desert gets very cold at night, then by 10 a.m. it's sunny and comfortable.  

Mornings in a camper van aren't much different than traditional style in a bricks and sticks house.  Get up,  go to the bathroom, walk the dog,  make coffee,  fold the door curtains and fold up the bedding.  

I'm still trying to balance repair tasks and totally rearranging interior of van at the same time.  It's getting better but interior still a disaster in terms of things having their own place

Kira decides napping in the dog bed next to me is a better option 

Add a chihuahua who always wants to be right in the middle of everything (might be food involved)..

But finally I've a spot on the couch to sit and a spot on the end table to set my coffee.  Ah coffee,  nectar of the gods,  my sanity potion.

As usual,  I'm in waiting mode.  A friend coming to charge my battery,  small check tonight at 11 p.m., the fuel pump to pay electronically tonight plus labor.  So I'll do a bit of housework and organizing. 

I've a fresh bunch of bananas one of the panhandlers left on the corner,  and a full, unopened cherry Pepsi.  While I am a purist on my cola,  i won't turn down a free,  full,  unopened cold pop. 

I think breakfast will be peanut butter with Fiji apple preserves (on sale $1.09) on whole wheat,  with a banana and a big kosher dill pickle on the side, accompanied by my second cup of coffee. 

A simple no cook breakfast.  No dishes to wash,  a couple of paper towels and a paper plate for the trash,  a knife and a spoon to wipe clean.  That's living my dream.  

No,  I'm not living the dream,  I'm living my dream.  Life still happens whether in a traditional house or full time in an RV. 

So, good coffee to you,  from Kira and Lou in my big green vintage class b plus van. It looks to be a wonderful day today. 

~Just Lou~

If you've enjoyed this blog,  feel free to donate $1 or more at PayPal.me/LouBurgess

No comments:

Post a Comment