PayPalDonateButton

Friday, November 8, 2019

Guns, Police, Crazies, and A Chihuahua

Yesterday was one of the craziest I've ever had while boondocking and traveling.  

Let me set the scene for  you. 
I'm getting ready to move 2 vans and a very rare amerigo travel trailer.  I have my faithful 1990 G20 Mark III long wheel base Chevy  Conversion  Van. I have the beautiful original Chevy camper van,  a 1973 Chinook  factory camoer Conversion  with the Chevy  shortblock 350cc motor,  the 4 barrel carburetor has been replaced with a edelbrook  racing  4 barrel carb,  and it has dual glass pack exhausts.  And that old trailer with the fall hunting camouflage and fall maple leaves is the only known 1970 Amerigo travel trailer in existence.  The trailer is being almost given to my friend Zina Lacy, the top nationally known person for vintage rare trailers.  She'll sell you that 1940s rare  cute project camper or she does some of the most beautiful and whimsical theme  glampers
 
The 1990 Chevy van threw a serpentine  belt abs needs a pulley replaced.  Not a big thing.  It'll take about an hour.  The hightop just needs a burnt ground wire replaced and the idiot lifting out the battery for me screwed up the cable ends on the house battery.  That's about 10 minutes tops .

I've now got the 4th mechanic and spare driver scheduled to come out.  I have all the parts and tools needed.  


What has delayed me? All the chaos and police drama is caused by 2 drunk high methheads and the unmedicated schizophrenic son , all in a cesspool  torn apart single wide trailer with old glass fuse electric overloaded and the toilet and pipes leaking sewage into the trailer and ground. The one acre property is covered with a destroyed to the ground old single wide  home,  piles of junk torn apart.  It looks worse than a county landfill 
 

Several months ago i needed a quick spot to store a trailer and van.  I asked on Facebook . I had stored the trailer at Sunny RV park for a little over two years.  I don't know what changed there in the office but there were 3 instances when the management called me to come check my trailer because the fenced in camera surveillance brightly lit lot had started to have homeless thieves break into stored  vehicles.  So i looked for some place to store trailer short term while i switched things from the 1990 conversion van into the beautiful dream hightop chevy vintage class  b+ camper van.  

Two weeks ago the 1990 conversion van threw the serpentine belt.  It's a simple repair.  I had someone bring the belt and replace it.  They jumped the van because the battery had gotten low.  I drive it up hwy 70 and the belt decides to start going again.  I get it safely parked.  

The hightop van has a few issues caused by an idiot who only disconnected one of two batteries under the hood to change a simple starter.  I come out to see  sparks and an electric arc under my beloved van.   Shoot.  That's when you know you're going to replace the engine electrical system pretty much all of it.  I think I'm almost out of the woods with that.  The ground wire, the battery cable and clamp should be the final piece.  

In about an hour or less,  both repairs can be done, then I'll just load the big genny and my small Briggs and Stratton 2hp vintage generator,  the 5000 btu brand new this year window ac unit, my favorite nice zero gravity chair with the handy attached small shelf, hook the trailer to the 1990 g20 and with a friend driving my hightop and me in the van trailer unit, I'll carefully negotiate the rutted dirt road and down the paved road to 70 i go.  Parking already arranged.  Then it'll take about an hour tti change oil,  charge battery,  and list the big dual fuel 3800 watt rv ready portable generator.. Priced right,  I've a few interested parties.  Then quickly empty out, clean the 1990 conversion van, list and sell that.  I've a little cash,  and in less than two weeks,  I'll fill up the gas  tank,  and head off with the hightop and the trailer.  I've been trying to go on this extended trip for almost a year.  Finally there should be no delays.  

So I'm not a homeless person living in a ratty rv parked on a store lot.  I'm a land owner with stage 4b advanced cervical cancer,  multiple sclerosis,  and autism who has decided I'd like a nice extended slow bucket list trip while I'm able to travel and take care of me and my chihuahua.  I have several good long time Facebook friends that have invited me to visit and spend a little time.  I want to relax and watch the setting  sun, to sit and enjoy writing.  And i want to show and share the little overlooked cool places and people all over the US. 

And with all the news about the missing or dead full time travelers,  i want people to see that it's still safe and possible to travel without getting killed for your rv. 

So once I'm back traveling,  enjoy my writing and blogs,  watch my short  YouTube and Instagram videos,  and see the nice relaxing reality of what the new ones call living the dream.  Life still happens in a fulltime van or big rv.

If you've enjoyed my blog,  feel free to contribute  a $1 or more at PayPal.me/LouBurgess 

Thanks and good coffee to you

No comments:

Post a Comment