PayPalDonateButton

Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Great Van Search

I had found the perfect van. We agreed on a price. I just had to wait until last Wednesday to pay for it and pick it up.

Wednesday came. I was nervous and excited. He pulled up and I was really happy...until he told me his room had fallen through and he couldn't sell it.

Thus starts the great van hunt and scrambling. I live and travel in my van full time. My current van sits unable to move due to blown motor.

So...I started looking on craigslist. LOL.
The dodge ram van had a small engine, transmission leak, oil leak, and stunk of cat piss. It was $1000 for van known to be problematic on transmissions and no power.

Next up was a Chevy van with no posted price. It was a 1992 so off we went to go look. Busted up trim, white smoke puffing out of the exhaust. Nope...that's water pump, blown head gasket.

So far two vans and neither even made it to test drive.

Beautiful Ford 4x4 pickup. I haven't seen it since the owner is working hour and a half away. Apparently he's not real motivated to sell it.

So..I finally got to test drive an astro. Drove nice but when looking underneath it...water leak. And it was water not antifreeze. And rusty where it had been dripping for some time.

Today's hopeful entrant is a 2000 Chevy 20 Mark III conversion. I swear if it runs drives and stops, needs nothing more than a radiator...it's coming away with me.

Sacrilege...this Ford tough girl has been looking at any van that runs.

I'll update you all when there's more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment