PayPalDonateButton

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Alaska Not A State Says NM MVD

truly stranger than fiction, a friend spent half an hour in handcuffs in the rear of ICE car.
His crime...according to a MVD supervisor, being an undocumented alien, forged documents.
My friend Bear was born in Alaska, has a valid birth certificate from Alaska, had a valid Alaska State ID card. He now has an undocumented New Mexico alternative ID from the State of New Mexico.
Apparently, New Mexico State Motor Vehicle Division supervisors don't recognize Alaska as a state. I was laughing thinking it was a joke until I actually saw the id.
Bear is now eligible for many programs assisting migrants and I will be following up with a blow by blow description of the many benefits he is offered.
To my friends and family in Alaska...i truly don't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment