PayPalDonateButton

Monday, August 26, 2013

Meandering

It never occurred to me that I march to the beat of a different drummer.

I don't do things on a routine, nor do I place value on how many things I can do in a day.

This is not to say that I don't get things done. I tend to stay busy, but at a much slower pace than most people.

I've opted out of the rat race. I have learned the concept of *enough*.

How many places can you be at one time? How much stuff do you really need?

I found that I place value on my time and energy. I do not see the point of chasing stuff and buying more places to put my stuff.

I recently downsized my stuff and I'm downsizing it still more. I still have a half full 5x5 storage. I'm buying a cargo van for buying/selling trips and camping. My ideal is to reduce my possessions to only what I actually need and use.

I've actually made a little business out of my downsizing. That's where I got my inventory to start flea marketing and being an eBay vendor. I will know I've got it just right when all stuff I'm selling fits in 1-2 totes.

Selling my excess stuff is helping pay for my van. I'll be doing the interior modifications myself so that the space both reflects my style and meets my need to have things accessible in a calm, tranquil, uncluttered environment.

I'm going to look at going back into my photography as a for-profit venture. I think I can market my photos as screen savers and backgrounds.

When I designed websites, I made all my own original background images.

As usual, I've started on one topic and meandered. I guess I like wandering through life with my eyes and ears open.

Happy Trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment