PayPalDonateButton

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Random Musings.

Every once in a while, I run across a viewpoint that makes me think about my life and my values.

I am not questioning who I am and what makes me happy, I just periodically look at who I am as a person.

So I am sharing some of who I am.

This is not an excuse, a defense, nor a desire to change anyone to my way of thinking. I celebrate individual thinking and I hope everyone does what is right for them.




Conformity for the sake of conformity just feels so wrong to me. I don't believe in rebelling for it's own sake. I really don't even view myself as a rebel. I am on a journey of enjoying my life and living according to my values.





Trash left in woods by someone.

I am passionate about nature and abhor the trash and plastic left behind by a few thoughtless people. I am an activist in the way I photograph the beauty of nature as well as the trash left behind by thoughtless people.




I don't like to see children or dogs treated badly. Many cannot speak up for themselves or when they do, people don't listen.


I have found in traveling, that people are basically people no matter where they live and what language they speak. People in other countries still want better for their children, they have the same wants, needs, and desires as do the people where i grew up.

I love to get away from people entirely sometimes and enjoy nature quietly. I am starting to develop an interest in identifying and learning more plants.

While I enjoy nature and the forest, I also sometimes like the city. I just don't like to be in it for long.

The more I travel and the more I camp, the more I find that I like my life. I can always change things anytime I don't like the way they are. Sometimes it takes longer than other times, but it is possible to change almost anything in my life.

I do not have the need to have everyone like me. I think I am like almost anyone, it is nice to be liked, but at the end of the day, I have to look at my actions and decide how well I lived up to the me I would like to be, and what needs changing or not.

I find that as I get older, especially after my recent bout with the spider and the hospital, it is important to me to live my life fully. There are no guarantees in life. I guess for me, values are more important than popularity.

There are many things in society today that make me just shake my head. I recognise that it is not up to me to change the world or to change others. It is up to me how much importance I give opinions. Some I value, some are just noise in the background. It really depends on the person and my perception of them.

I do know one thing, I will not pretend to be someone other than who I am to gain approval from anyone.

At the end of the day, my dogs like me and I like me most days. That's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment